Circularity at All Levels
July 15th, 11:30 am – 12:45 pm EST / 8:30 – 9:45 am PST
Our third webinar in our National Series featured the benefits of place-based innovation at the city and regional levels. The benefits of implementing circular economy strategies from small and rural regions to larger metropolitan areas, were discussed amongst our knowledgeable panellists.
- Cynthia Reynolds, Founder of Circular Regions (Norway)
- Helen Lavery, Regional Engagement Manager, Zero Waste Scotland
- Oriana Romano, Head of Unit, Water Governance and Circular Economy, OECD
- Rory Tooke, Manager, Sustainability, City of Victoria
This webinar will be delivered in English with a French simultaneous interpretation.
Building Your Local Government’s Circular Economy Strategy
Our second webinar in our National Series featured global leading experts on circular economy strategy and policy design. We began with the exciting announcement of our 15 Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Network community members! Our speakers then shared visionary principles and discuss the initial steps and components recommended for the development of a circular economy strategy. The webinar included best practice examples and demonstrated successful circular economy policy development from Canada and around the globe.
- Ashima Sukhdev, North America Programs Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Wayne Hubbard, Chief Executive Officer, ReLondon (formerly LWARB)
- Barb Swartzentruber, Executive Director, Smart Cities Office, Guelph-Wellington
Advancing Circular Economy in Canadian Cities and Regions
The CCRI is a one year national pilot developed by the National Zero Waste Council, Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Recycling Council of Alberta, and RECYC-QUÉBEC to advance circular economy knowledge sharing and capacity building in the Canadian local government sector. Learn about exciting circular economy opportunities for cities and regions and find out how your local government can take part in the CCRI Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Network.Speakers:
- Klaske Kruk, Founder, Circularities
- Carla Bitz, Environmental Coordinator, Resource Recovery, Town of Banff
- Christina Seidel, Executive Director, Recycling Council of Alberta
- Pauline Pingusson, Project Officer, Green Municipal Fund, FCM