Building Your Local Government’s Circular Economy Strategy
June 15th, 1 – 2:15 pm EST / 10 – 11:15 am PST
Join us for our second webinar in our National Series featuring global leading experts on circular economy strategy and policy design. We will begin with the exciting announcement of our 15 Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Network community members! Our speakers will then focus on visionary principles and discuss the initial steps and components recommended for the development of a circular economy strategy. The webinar will include best practice examples and demonstrate successful circular economy policy development from Canada and around the globe.
- Ashima Sukhdev, North America Programs Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Wayne Hubbard, Chief Executive Officer, ReLondon (formerly LWARB)
- Barb Swartzentruber, Executive Director, Smart Cities Office, Guelph-Wellington
This webinar will be delivered in English with a French simultaneous interpretation. There is no cost to participate in this webinar.
Advancing Circular Economy in Canadian Cities and Regions
The CCRI is a one year national pilot developed by the National Zero Waste Council, Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Recycling Council of Alberta, and RECYC-QUÉBEC to advance circular economy knowledge sharing and capacity building in the Canadian local government sector. Learn about exciting circular economy opportunities for cities and regions and find out how your local government can take part in the CCRI Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Network.Speakers:
- Klaske Kruk, Founder, Circularities
- Carla Bitz, Environmental Coordinator, Resource Recovery, Town of Banff
- Christina Seidel, Executive Director, Recycling Council of Alberta
- Pauline Pingusson, Project Officer, Green Municipal Fund, FCM