Peer-to-Peer Network Application Process
We will let you know if your application has been successful by June 27 with the P2P Network meetings beginning in early July.
This year, 12 local governments will be selected to participate in the CCRI P2P Network. All applications will be reviewed by the CCRI Project Management Team representing the four partner organizations. The following criteria will guide our decision-making:
- Diversity: We will seek diversity in the cohort in terms of community size, geographic location, and key characteristics.
- Commitment: Demonstrated commitment to, or strong organizational interest in, advancing circular economy approaches in your community and across the organization.
- Resources: Senior-level commitment for participation of key staff in the program. This should include: one senior staff lead as a primary point of contact; subject matter experts from various departments to engage in P2P Network sessions on relevant themes; and broad staff engagement in the virtual workshops (approx. ½ day commitment) to support the development of the Circular Opportunities report for your community.
- Readiness: Your community’s current level of circular economy literacy and capacity. We will consider communities at all phases of readiness. Information that will help us includes: what relevant plans and policies do you have in place; which departments, if any, are already using the circular economy as a framework or guiding principle; is there senior-level commitment and/or ambition to advance the circular economy following participation in the program.
All interested local governments are asked to register their interest early by completing the online form below. Upon submission of this form, you will be asked to submit two supporting documents by email, no later than the application deadline. Applications are not considered complete until supporting documentation is received. Applications can be submitted in French or English.
Statement of Intent: A short 1-2 page summary that addresses the following questions:
Letter of Support: A letter of support demonstrating senior-level commitment on organization letterhead, signed by Mayor and Council, CAO or equivalent and confirming staff resources and commitments to the Initiative.
- Why do you want to participate?
- What benefits do you hope to realize through participation?
- How will participating in this initiative support and align with your current, or future strategic plans and policies?
- What is your current state of readiness? (i.e., what is the level of understanding of the circular economy in the organization and your community and to what degree are you already using the circular economy as a framework for your decision-making and planning?)
- What topics of interest would you like to see explored through the CCRI?
- What level of commitment/ambition exists within the organization to advance the circular economy?
Download our application guide for more information.
Complete the application form